VH1 CLASSIC ON TAP
Official Contest Rules
VH1 Classic ‘On Tap’ Presents: “Live at Montreaux 2013” DVD Sweepstakes
Sponsored by VH1 Classic ‘On Tap’
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The “VH1 Classic ‘On Tap’ Presents: ‘Live at Montreaux 2013’ DVD Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 7:00:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 3, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on March 7, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on March 7, 2014. The odds of winning depend on the total number of Eligible Entries (hereinafter defined) received for the Sweepstakes.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who are legal residents of one (1) of forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or District of Columbia and are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Entrants must have a Twitter account in order to enter. Any entrant who has not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides will need to obtain permission from his/her parent/legal guardian in order to enter and if chosen as a Prize Winner, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (“Sponsor”), Twitter Inc. (“Twitter”) and each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) acknowledge compliance with each provision of these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements; and (c) release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the use or misuse or redemption of the Prizes (as hereinafter defined), and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
4. To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to https://twitter.com/OnTapRocks and from your Twitter account; (i) follow the @OnTapRocks account: (ii) tune-in nightly to VH1 Classic On Tap with Nik Carter; and (iii) when prompted, tweet @OnTapRocks including the hashtag #ThorogoodOnTap (collectively, the “Tweet”). A Tweet that does not contain the hashtag will be disqualified. (Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free, and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to http://www.twitter.com (“Twitter Web Site”) and following the onscreen instructions to open an account). SUBMISSION OF A TWEET WITH THE HASHTAG #ThorogoodOnTap CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. You are required to follow the Official @OnTapRocks Twitter account located at https://twitter.com/OnTapRocks so you can see the Prize Winner’s announcement to see if you’ve won (pending verification) in addition to the winner notification described in Section 5 below. Please note that if you do not respond to the Prize Winner’s notification described in Section 5, you will be disqualified and another Prize Winner may be selected. Retweets of the same Tweet by the same Twitter account holder, automated tweets or tweets sent via a bot will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Web Site. Creating multiple Twitter Accounts in order to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of all Entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @OnTapRocks inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Sponsor to see the your Twitter updates. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Sweepstakes), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a Prize Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
5. Winner Selection/Notification: There will be five (5) prize winners (each a “Prize Winner”) selected at random among all of the Eligible Entries received on or about March 10, 2014. Sponsor will make up to one (1) attempt over the twenty-four (24) hour period following the potential Prize Winner’s selection to contact each potential Prize Winner via his/her Twitter account and via tweets from https://twitter.com/OnTapRocks. If a potential Prize Winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of being contacted, such potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until a Prize Winner responds.
6. Winner Verification: Each potential Prize Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within one (1) day of being notified as a potential Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Prize Winner such potential Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Prize Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within three (3) days of receipt of the following documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sweepstakes Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of a Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for a Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Prize Winner’s social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes Prize Winner’s agreement to sign such Releases. Each Prize Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that each Prize Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Prize Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. Each Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize awarded and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Prize Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsor’s deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Prize Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Prizes: Each Prize Winner will receive the following prize (the “Prize”):
- One (1) DVD copy of “George Thorogood and the Destroyers: Live at Montreux 2013”.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $14.98
* All Prizing is subject to availability and change at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, without any prior notice and at any time, to replace any or all prizes with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value. Additional restrictions may apply.
The total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $74.90.
The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
The date for fulfillment of the Prizes will be within approximately 3 weeks of winner selection and verification, subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prize will be made by Sponsor who will determine all details related thereto. All costs and expenses not specifically listed as part of the prize incurred in connection with Prize are solely Prize Winner’s responsibility. The value of the Prize may be taxable to the Prize Winner as income. Prize Winner may be requested to supply Sponsor with his/her social security numbers for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099-MISC may be issued in the name of the Prize Winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, the Prize Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses including without limitation, travel expenses to the applicable show venue, accommodations, meals, etc., associated with the Prize which are not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely Prize Winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to any Prize Winner or any potential Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize a Prize as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prize and Prize Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the @OnTapRocks Twitter account and the Prize may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
10. Request for the Names of the Prize Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Prize Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by May 7, 2014 to: VH1 Classic ‘On Tap’, Attention: “VH1 Classic ‘On Tap’ Presents: ‘Live at Montreux 2013’ DVD Sweepstakes”, 1515 Broadway New York, NY 10036. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the name of the “Prize Winner”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. Sponsor: Sweepstakes is sponsored by VH1 Classic ‘On Tap’, a brand of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
Twitter is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of the prizes. All inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor not to Twitter.